Gmail is the number one mail service provider in the world with over 1 billion users worldwide. Admit it or not you must have loved Gmail once, and that is the reason you created your Gmail account in the first place. It may be possible that you created your account when you were in Standard 10th, and you no longer require the account. Maybe you do not trust Gmail and want to switch over to other mail services. Perhaps you want to create a new account, and to do that; You want to delete your Gmail account.
If you want to delete your Gmail account and don’t know how to do that. You are in the right place. In this article, I will be telling how you can delete your Gmail account in easiest possible manner. Before going deep into to concept let us see what you lose and what will happen if you delete your Gmail account. If you delete your Gmail account, People no longer would be able to send you emails on your Gmail account. If anybody tries to mail you to your Gmail address, the mail will bounce back.
Things that you should consider before deleting your Gmail account.
- You will no longer be able to use Google mail services – After deleting your Gmail account, your Gmail address will be removed and you will not be able to receive or send emails from your account. I recommend that you inform all your contacts before permanently deleting your account. Google mail services also include Google Inbox services, and you might even lose your access to Google Inbox.
- Your username will not be available even if you delete your Gmail account – If you are wondering to delete your account and remake it using the same username then think again because no one except you will be able to use your registered Gmail Address (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is for the security reason. It makes sure that no one uses your old Email Address in future.
- Your Access to 3rd Party services associated with your Gmail Account might be lost – We not only use Gmail for e-mail purposes but it has many more advantages, and that includes services like quick registration on websites. In case you have registered on any site using your Gmail Authentication then there are chances of you losing access to those services. To avoid this make sure you update your E-mail addresses on those websites before deleting your account.
- You no longer will be able to reset passwords – In case you have registered on any social media site using your Gmail account, and you forgot your password. You cannot recover your password unless you have updated your E-mail ID on that site.
- Your Google account is safe even if you delete your Gmail account – If you want to delete your Gmail account to get rid of your Google history, then please do not do that. Deleting your Gmail account will do no harm to your Google account. If you are worried that you might lose your Google account by deleting Gmail account, then don’t worry. You are covered up.
- Recovering your deleted Gmail account is possible, but you need to act fast – If you want to delete your Gmail account on a temporary basis then don’t worry. You can easily do that, but you will only get a time windows of few weeks to recover.
- You can take a backup of your emails – You can easily backup all your emails from settings before deleting your account. Backing up your emails will make sure you don’t lose your precious emails.
Now, after reading these point, You still want to delete your account then keep on reading for further information.
How To Delete Your Gmail Account:
- Sign into your Gmail account settings by following this link and click on Sign in.
- After logging in into your account, Click on Delete account or services under Account Preferences.
- Click delete products.
- Google might ask you to re-enter your password. In case it does, Simply re-enter your password.
- Then a trash can might be visible next to Gmail. Just click on that.
- Now, enter a new primary Email address and your password and finally click on remove Gmail button.
- You might be asked to verify your new address. If it does then login to the email address that you provided and follow the verification instruction there.
- Finally, Click on Delete Gmail (Note: You cannot undo after this step)
- Click on OK button.
All Done! If you followed the steps correctly till now, you must have deleted your Gmail account successfully.
In case you are sure that you do not need your Gmail account any longer. Only then follow the steps mentioned above. Deleting your Gmail account is a non-recovery process, and you can never recover your deleted emails.